The Sprague Project
-- A Genealogical Database of Over 460,000 Individuals --
- Celebrating our twenty-third year on the Internet -

------> Updated on 28 April 2020

Richard E. (Dick) Weber, Developer
Albert Arnold Sprague, IV, Webmaster

The Sprague Mill, Upwey, England
Print Bookmark


» Show All     «Prev 1 2     » Slide Show


Wherry, Samuel F. (1860-1942), wife, Gates, Cecelia (1861-1927), and daughter, Wherry, Nellie Banks (1885-1949)

Grave stone at Ridgebury Cemetery, Wawayanda Twp., Orange Co., NY
Contributor: Sprague, William G.

Status: Located

Owner/SourceSprague, William G.
File nameI290272.jpg
File Size133.87k
Dimensions1000 x 1524
Linked toCecelia Gates; Nellie Banks Wherry; Samuel F. Wherry

Ridgebury Cemetery, Wawayanda Twp., Orange Co., NY, USA

Notes: Located in the Town of Wawayanda, Orange County, New York is a hamlet called Ridgebury. It is located at the intersection of Ridgebury Road and Ridgebury Hill Road. It was never incorporated into a village. However, many years ago the name was changed from Ridgeberry to Ridgebury and this is the name and spelling the hamlet has been called for over a hundred years. On the north-east corner of this intersection is the Ridgebury Grace United Methodist Church and on the north-west corner is the Ridgebury First Presbyterian Church. Adjacent to the Grace United Methodist Church is the Ridgebury Cemetery, however the spelling of the original cemetery remains Ridgeberry Cemetery to this day, although it is known locally as Ridgebury Cemetery. Those buried there were mostly members of the above two churches. It is primarily known as the Ridgebury Cemetery, but also known as the Ridgebury Methodist Cemetery, Ridgebury Presbyterian Cemetery, and the Grace United Methodist Cemetery. The Ridgebury Cemetery is divided into two distinct separate and adjacent cemeteries, both of which are surrounded by their own iron fence. The portion adjacent to the Grace United Methodist Church is known as the Old Section and was organized in 1752. It is no longer used and not maintained. It is the smaller of the two adjacent cemeteries with stones that go back to the 1700ís. On the north side of
the Old Section is the lower New Section of the Ridgeberry (Ridgebury) Cemetery. It was purchased in 1866 and incorporated in 1911, but has markers going back to the mid 1800ís. The new section is in active use today and is wall maintained. Both cemeteries have their own entrances off of Ridgebury Hill Road.
Per William G. Sprague, 11 June 2011

» Show All     «Prev 1 2     » Slide Show

Copyright © 2020; by Richard E. (Dick) Weber / The Sprague Project. Send e-mail to Developer
The major part of this website is powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding © (TNG), Darrin Lythgoe.